Planned Giving and Endowments
Sustaining Mendelssohn PAC’s mission depends on the generosity of the community. Through planned giving there are a variety ways to support Mendelssohn and leave a legacy that benefits your community.
Ways to make a planned gift:
• Gifts through a Will or Living Trust
• Gifts of Appreciated Assets (i.e. stocks, real estate, or personal property)
• Gifts of Beneficiary Designations
• Gifts of Life Income such as Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts (CRAT)
• Endowment Funds – All gifts of $10,000 or more are named in honor of the donor
Existing Mendelssohn Endowment Funds:
• Armer Ahlstrand Charitable Foundation Trust
• Amelia Guthrie Fund for Encouragement and Support of Promising Singers
• Chandler Starr Miller Scholarship Competition Funds
• Ethel Jane Lyons Fund
• Glasford Piano Maintenance Fund
• Irene A. Glasford Performance Fund
• Jean Coppoletti Fund
• Jody Nordlof Endowment Fund
• Josephine A. & Howard M. Feldman Opera Endowment Fund
• Marie Louise Hunt Performance Fund
• Mendelssohn Endowment Fund through the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois
• Stella Rankin Memorial Fund
Planned Gifts also give back and help you prepare for your future. They often allow you to take sizeable income, gift, and estate tax deductions, while leaving a legacy that fits your philanthropic goals. Any level of donation can make a difference.
Talk with your attorney and/or financial advisor about how you can take advantage of planned giving benefits to make a gift far more significant than you ever thought possible!